There was of course nothing at all little about Crabbe and Goyle, but as the High Table was full of teachers,
他當然不會把克來伯和高爾放在眼里,因為這大廳里老師太多了。
neither of them could do more than crack their knuckles and scowl.
雙方都只能沖著對方捏捏指關節和擰擰眉頭而已。
I'd take you on anytime on my own,said Malfoy.
我隨時樂意奉陪!馬爾夫說。
Tonight, if you want. Wizard's duel. Wands only — no contact.
就今天晚上,怎么樣?我們兩人來一場巫師之間的決斗。只許用魔法杖,不準找幫手。
What's the matter? Never heard of a wizard's duel before, I suppose?
怎么樣?我看你連什么是巫師之間的決斗都還不知道吧?
Of course he has, said Ron, wheeling around. I'm his second, who's yours?
他當然知道。羅恩說,我就是他的替補,你的替補呢?是誰?
Malfoy looked at Crabbe and Goyle, sizing them up.
馬爾夫看了看克來伯和高爾,心里對兩人作了一番估量。
Crabbe,he said. Midnight all right?
克來伯是我的替補。他說,那么就約定半夜吧。
We'll meet you in the trophy room; that's always unlocked.
我們在紀念品展覽室里見,那兒經常不上鎖的。
When Malfoy had gone, Ron and Harry looked at each other.
馬爾夫走了之后,羅恩和哈利你眼看我眼。
What is a wizard's duel? Said Harry.
什么是巫師之間的決斗?哈利問。
And what do you mean, you're my second?
還有,為什么你說你是我的替補?
Well, a second's there to take over if you die,said Ron casually, getting started at last on his cold pie.
哦,所謂替補,就是在你戰死之后接替你繼續戰斗的人。羅恩漫不經心地說,拿起他那塊涼了的薄餅,一口塞進嘴里。