短語講解:
1. on purpose: 有目的地,故意地
同義詞組:by design
eg. This is especially true here, and it was on purpose.
這一點在這里尤其準確,并且它是故意的。
eg. The majority is done on purpose, mostly to make fertilisers.
以上這樣做的目的大多數是為了制造肥料。
2. sort of: 在一定程度上
eg. This store handles the sort of liquor you need.
這家商店出售你要的那種酒。
eg. I don't do that sort of thing in this university.
我認為在這所大學這類事情不符合禮儀。
3. take up with: 與……交往,贊成,采納
eg. We must not take up with false theories.
我們不應該接受錯誤的理論。
eg. That's a matter for you to take up with your boss.
這個問題你得去和你的老板進行交涉。
經典口語句子:
1. This is just vintage Rachel. 這就是典型瑞秋做的事情。
vintage =typical 都是在表達,說話者判定所說行為是行為者應該做的事情,會做的事情,能做出的事情
eg. This painting is a typical Rembrandt.
這幅畫是一幅典型的倫勃朗作品。
eg. This is very typical in Thailand, but it is not accepted in movies.
這在泰國是非常典型的,但卻不能出現在電影里。
2. What've you done to him? 你對它做了什么?
脫口而出的口語句子,很多場合可用。