重點詞匯:
1. dump: 拋棄
eg. And you basically dump it into here.
你基本上是把它傾倒到這兒。
2. 'cause: [口語] =because gonna: =going to 將要
3. frightening: 令人恐懼的
eg. You have had the most frightening of experiences but that does not define who or what you are.
你經歷了一件極其可怕的事情,但你是誰、以及你是怎樣的一個人,并不是由這件事界定的。
4. pathetic: 可憐的
eg. And that is why it may cover thy awful white light with its pathetic shadows.
這就是為什么它能夠以它可憐的陰影遮蓋你可畏的白光。
詞組講解:
1.bail on sb.: 背叛某人
eg. Whay don’t you bail on your girlfriend tonight,an come out with the boys instead?
你今天晚上不要跟女朋友出去了,咱們哥兒們一起出去玩吧!
eg. We had to bail on ou golf game, it's pouring rain outside.
我們只是得放棄高爾夫比賽,外面正在下著傾盆大雨。
2.go out with: 和……約會
eg. Instant romance could be yours if you go out with friends.
如果和朋友聚會,可能會有一見鐘情的浪漫情緣。
eg. We love you even more because you know we need to go out with the guys once in a while.
如果你了解我們需要隔三差五地需要和哥們混在一起,我們會更愛你。
3.as though: 好像
eg. I feel as though I am peeling away the layers, not just of fat, but emotional layers as well.
我覺得自己仿佛是換了一個人——我指的不只是脂肪,而是包括情緒層面的。
eg. Do this especially when you are feeling as though you have nothing to feel grateful for.
每天都要這么做,尤其是當你覺得好像沒有什么可感激的時候。