Phoebe:Oh no, don't ever do that.
噢,不,永遠不要這么做。
Roger:what?
什么?
Phoebe:I am sorry, I just, I have a thing, which means you can not ever do that.
抱歉,我只是,我有一件事,他意味著你永遠都不可以再這么做。
Roger:What's wrong, sweetie?
怎么了,親愛的?
Phoebe:Nothing, nothing.
沒事,沒事。
Roger:Aaaah, what's wrong, come on.
到底怎么了?快說嘛。
Phoebe:It's, I mean, it's nothing, I'm fine. It's my friends. Theythey have a liking problem with you. In that, um, they don't.
好吧,我……沒事,問題出在我朋友身上,他們對你有意見。
Roger:Oh. They don't...
他們……
Phoebe:But they don't see all the wonderfulness that I see. They don't see all the good stuff and all the sweet stuff. They just think you're a little...
他們看不見你的好處,他們看不見你好的一面,他們認為你有點……
Roger:What?
什么?
Phoebe:Intense and creepy.
難以相處。
Roger:Oh.
噢。
Phoebe:But I don't. Me, Phoebe.
但我,Phoebe不這么認為。
Roger:Well, I'm not I'm not at all surprised they feel that way.
我對他們的反應毫不感到驚訝。
Phoebe:You're not? See, that's why you're so great!
你不驚訝?這就是我欣賞你的地方!
Roger:Actually it's, it's quite, you know, typical behaviour when you have this kind of dysfunctional group dynamic.You know, this kind of codependant, emotionally stunted, sitting in your stupid coffee house with your stupid big cups which,I'm sorry, might as well have nipples on them, and you're like all "Oh, define me! Define me! Love me, I need love!"
當群體動力失調時這是很平常的反應,這種相互依賴,情緒激動,坐在那家爛咖啡屋,拿著大咖啡杯,抱歉,或許還有乳頭在上面,你們都會說“定義我這個人”,“愛我,我需要愛”!
Monica:So you talked to your dad, huh.
你和你爸談過了?
Joey:Yeah. He's gonna keep cheating on my ma like she wanted, she's gonna keep pretending she doesn't know even though she does,and my little sister Tina can't see her husband any more because he got a restraining order...which has nothing to do with anything except that I found out today.
他要以我媽希望的方式繼續欺騙我媽,我媽要繼續假裝她一無所知,我妹Tina不能再見她丈夫,因為他接到禁制令,這兩件事沒關系,但我今天才聽說。
Rachel:Wow.
噢。
Chandler:Things sure have changed here on Waltons mountain.
登Waltons山這兒的事全變了。
Ross:So Joey, you okay?
Joey,你沒事吧?
Joey:Yeah, I guess. It's just parents, after a certain point, you gotta let go. Even if you know better, you've gotta let them make their own mistakes.
或許吧,他們是父母,你不得不順其自然,即使你知道這樣做不對,但你還是得讓他們犯自己的錯誤。
Rachel:Just think, in a couple of years we get to turn into them.
而且幾年后我們就和他們一樣。
Chandler:If I turn into my parents, I'll either be an alcoholic blond chasing after twentyyearold boys, or... I'll end up like my mom.
如果我像他們一樣, 我不是變成嗜酒的追逐二十歲小男孩的金發帥哥, 就是變得和我媽一樣【Chandler的爸爸是同性戀,最后在拉斯維加斯裝扮成女人唱歌演藝。】
Phoebe:Hey.
你好。
All:Hey, Pheebs.
你好,Pheebs。
Monica:How's it going?
怎么樣?
Phoebe:Oh, okay, except I broke up with Roger.
哦,挺好的,除了我和羅杰分手這件事。
All:Awww.
哦。
Phoebe:Yeah, right.
是的,對。
All:Aaawwwwww!
噢噢噢!
Rachel:What happened?
怎么了?
Phoebe:I don't know, I mean, he's a good person, and he can be really sweet, and in some ways I think he is so right for me, it's just... I hate that guy!
怎么了?我說不上來,他的個好人而且對我很體貼,他的某些方面很適合我,只是……我討厭這個人!