=====精彩回顧===
Study: Tall men earn more money than shorter colleagues
個子高的掙錢多?
From knives to size, it turns out my tiny salary's in direct relation to my tiny self. According to a study of nearly 7,000 men and women by the Australian National University which is in Australia.
事實證明,我微薄的薪水和我矮小的身高有關 。根據澳大利亞國家大學對近7000名男女進行的意向調查,這一點是成立的 。
Really?
為什么?
An extra couple of inches can add nearly 820 dollars per year to one's salary, says Professor Leigh of these anti-tiny findings. "Perhaps it's because of this discrimination with shorter people getting the same treatment in the labor market (as) women and minorities have experienced in the past." The worst part is short men are way smarter than minorities and women. Combine that time 12. I don't know what I am saying.
身高每高兩英寸,年薪就會增加820美元 。Leigh教授表示 。他的研究得出了這些對矮小體型不利的結論 。“或許這是因為對身材較矮小的人的歧視導致他們在就業市場遭遇了與女性和少數民族過去同樣遭遇的不幸 。”最糟糕的是,矮小的人比少數民族和女性多的多,大概是12倍的樣子 。我不知道我在說什么 。
Ann, you are super tall. If you were short, do you think you would be less successful?
Ann,你的個子非常高 。如果你比較矮的話,你認為你還有這么成功嗎?
Especially short and heavy?
尤其是又矮又肥?
Yeah.
是的 。
Apparently.
顯而易見不會這么成功 。
Yeah. Good. That's a direct insult at me.
是的,很好 。這對我來說是直截了當的侮辱 。
Short and heavy shabby. They are very misery-presented group.
又矮又胖的家伙 。他們是非常痛苦的群體 。
But I think you're making too much of this, but short men also save money on things like dating.
但是我認為你們顧慮的太多了 。矮小的男性在約會等方面更容易省錢 。
Clearly unnecessary. Short men…but a short man also are more sucessful, because they try harder, because they are short.
這不一定 。矮小的男人更容易成功,因為他們比較矮小,他們會更努力 。
Are you taking this story a little too personal?
你們這個話題是不是太個人了?
I pitched this story. I wanted to leave the show with this story.
我竭力向大家推薦一個故事,然后就離開節目 。
He was two of the sources in that story.
他是故事中兩個人物之一 。
This story was made up by me. I wrote about it in the bathroom and then I published it on my own blog.
這個故事是我編撰的 。是我在浴室中寫的,發表在自己的博客上 。
It's not a coincidence that the other of that story is Breg Butt-feld. Do the maths.
這個故事的另外一個人物是Breg Butt-feld,這并不是巧合 。
Yeah. Carl, will there be a day that short people can sue for discrimination?
是的,卡爾 。是否有一天身材矮小的人可以因受到歧視而投訴?
Well, you can hope, the thing. But think about it this way, it's only 1.5%, you know, say, screw the 1.5%, take the big settlement. On the other hand, you shouldn't go fret,Greg,I mean, with the passing of Cronkite, you have moved up the ladder as a journalist. We all think of you as a giant. You are the giant.
你可以希望如此 。但是你要這樣想,只有1.5%的比例,吝嗇的1.5%,最終會和解 。另一方面,你不應該焦慮,我的意思是,隨著克朗凱特的上臺,你已經順利成為一名記者 。我們都認為你是一位大人物,確實是大人物 。
Thank you very much. God knows I need a ladder. A very short man. Hey, you know, Barret, I gotta move on. But I want to ask, you don't date short people, do you?
非常感謝 。上帝知道,我確實需要一架梯子 。我非常矮小 。你知道,我要繼續其他話題了 。但是我還想問一個問題,你不會約會身材矮小的人,是嗎?
I do. I totally date short people.
不,我約的都是比較矮的人 。
Oh, you do not.
哦,你才沒有 。
Yes, I have. I've dated a short man.
有,我曾經約過一個比較矮的人 。
Name a short person you dated.
說出一個你曾經約過得比較矮的人的名字 。
..... A menu, I will do it.
我會的 。