2.實用對話
Expressing Disagreement表示不同意
Mom: You know you shouldn't do that. It is not go for you.
媽媽:你知道你不應該那樣做。這對你沒有好處。
Son: But I like it. It's interesting.
兒子:但是我喜歡啊。非常有趣。
Mom: Just because you like it? That doesn't mean it's OK.
媽媽:僅僅是因為你喜歡嗎?你喜歡并不意味著你就可以這么做。
Son: Yeah. It's fun and I don't see a problem.
兒子:是的。這確實有趣,而且我不覺得有什么問題。
Mom: It's a problem because it makes you lazy and avoid your homework.
媽媽:這是問題了,因為它讓你變得懶惰,而且逃避做作業。
Son: That stuff is boring and I already understand it anyway.
兒子:那些東西太枯燥了,而且我都已經學會了。
Mom: I can't agree with you. Your grades suggest you don't; in fact, they say you need more work.
媽媽:我可不這么認為。你的分數表明你根本就沒學會,事實上,它們說明你需要做更多的作業。
Son: But I want to do this instead.
兒子:可是我只想做這個。
Mom: Well, I said no, and I said I don't think you should.
媽媽:嗯,我說過不行的,而且我還說過我覺得你不可以這樣做。
Son: Please! Just a little longer.
兒子:求您了!再玩兒一小會兒吧。
Mom: No. Off to your homework now!
媽媽:不行,現在就去做作業!