1.慣用口語句子:
I don't love it.
= I don't like it.
= I dislike it.
我不喜歡這個。
I hate it.
我討厭這個。
I'm not interested in it.
我對此不感興趣。
be(not)interested in“(不)感興趣”
In fact, I don't really care for it at all.
其實,我根本就不喜歡。
care for“喜歡”
I don't enjoy listening to music.
我不喜歡聽音樂。
I dislike having to get up early.
我不喜歡早起。
“enjoy”和“dislike”后面都要跟名詞或動詞ing形式。
This novel is good for nothing.
這本小說一無是處。
This novel is rubbish.
這部小說簡直是垃圾。
rubbish n.垃圾,廢物
good for nothing“毫無價值”
I can't bear the pigsty.
= I can't stand the messy place.
我可受不了臟亂的地方。
I can't bear/stand it.
我受不了這個。
pigsty n. 臟亂的地方,豬圈
messy a. 混亂的,臟亂的
“bear”和“stand”在這里都是“忍受”的意思。
I really couldn't put up with his stupid jokes.
我實在忍受不了他那些愚蠢的笑話。
I was fed up with the noise outside.
我受夠外面的噪音了。
put up with“忍受”
be fed up with“對…受夠了的,對…忍無可忍的”
I think this movie is pretty awful.
我覺得這部電影太糟糕了。
That dirty street is disgusting.
那條骯臟的街道太讓人惡心了。
awful a. 極壞的,極糟的
disgusting a. 令人作嘔的,讓人惡心的
I'm not very keen on football.
= I'm not very fond of football.
我不怎么喜歡足球。
I can't work up any enthusiasm for his decision.
我不怎么喜歡他的決定。
enthusiasm n. 熱心,熱情
work up“激發(fā),激起”