The tool you and I would call was daydreaming, but he gets it called thought experiment because he is Einstein.
你和我管它叫白日夢,但是他就是稱它為思想實驗,因為他是愛因斯坦。
In his office, the patent office, looking out of window and he imagined a man working on a roof.
在他專利局的辦公室里,他從窗口望去,他想象著在屋頂工作的一個人。
And he begins to wonder what would happen if one of those men would fall off the roof.
他開始想像如果其中一個男人會從屋頂上跌下來的情境。
And then he had the happiest thought of his life, the inspiration of the ages.
然后他有了的人生中最快樂的思想, 年齡的靈感。
He had a vision the man would not actually be feeling his own weight.
他曾經想那人不會感到自己的體重。
He will be weightless. And then he imagined if you are in an elevator and somebody cuts the cord.
他將是無重的。然后他想象如果是在電梯里,有人剪斷繩索的情境。
What happens to you?
你會發生什么?
You fall but the elevator falls at the same rate you do, so you are weightless inside the elevator. So then Einstein got it.
你在下墜但電梯和你的速率是相同的,所以你處于失重而愛因斯坦有了結論。
It's though the gravity has been switched off. What's really going on?
雖然引力已經關閉。這究竟是怎么一回事?
The reason is no such a thing as gravitational pull.
原因是沒有所謂的引力。
The earth has curved the space around me and space is pushing me into this chair. Space itself can be curved.
在我身邊的是地球彎曲的空間,空間推動我到這把椅子上。空間本身是可以彎曲的。
注:聽力文本來源于普特