“A traveling trader,” said August, “and he sold it to some art dealers.”
“一個旅行商人,”奧古斯特說道,“他把它賣給了一些藝術品經銷商?!?/div>
?
“What sum did the trader pay your father, do you know?” asked the king.
“你知道那個商人付給你父親多少錢嗎?”國王問。
“Two hundred florins,” said August. “It was so much money, and he is so poor, and there are so many of us.”
“兩百弗羅林,”奧古斯特說道,“錢太多了,他又那么窮,我們又那么多人?!?/div>
The king turned to his companions. “Did these art dealers come with the stove?”
國王轉向他的同伴們?!斑@些藝術品商人是帶著爐子來的嗎?”
When he was told that they had done so, he ordered them to be brought before him.
國王知道他們的行為后就命令他們到他面前來。
“You are pale, little one. When did you eat last?’’
“你臉色蒼白,,小家伙。你最后一次吃飯時什么時候?”
“I had some bread and sausage with me. Yesterday afternoon I finished it.”
“我帶了一些面包和香腸。昨天下午我吃完了?!?/div>
“You would like to eat now?”
“你現在想吃東西嗎?”
“If I might have a little water, I should be glad. My throat is very dry.”
“如果我能喝點水,我會很高興。我的喉嚨很干?!?/div>
The king had water brought for him, and cake also; but August, though he drank eagerly, could not eat anything. His mind was in too great trouble.
國王給他拿來了水和蛋糕;可是奧古斯特,盡管他喝了很多水,卻什么也吃不下。他的思想陷入了極大的困境。
“May I stay with Hirschvogel?—May I?” he said.
“我可以和赫希沃格爾一起留下嗎?拜托了?!彼f道。

- 閱讀本文的人還閱讀了: