Friends,《老友記》
A:Guess what?
甲:猜猜發(fā)生什么了?
B:You got a job?
乙:你找到工作了?
A:Are you kidding? I'm trained for nothing! I was laughed out of twelve interviews today.
甲:開玩笑?我書都白念了!今天的十二個面試全泡湯了。
B:And yet you're surprisingly upbeat.
乙:不過你卻異常樂觀。
A:You would be too if you found John and David boots on sale, fifty percent off!
甲:換成是你,如果你遇見約翰和栽維的皮孰打五折的話,你也會這樣的!
B:Oh, how well you know me…
乙:哦,你真是太了解我了…
A:They're my new boots, I don't need a job, I don't need my parents, I,ve got great boots, boots!
甲:這是我的新皮靴,我不需要工作,不需要父母,因為我有新皮靴。
B:How'd you pay for them?
乙:你怎么付的錢?
A:Uh, credit card.
甲:呃,信用卡啊。
B:And who pays for that?
乙:卡費誰付?
A:Um…my... father. Oh God, come on you guys, is this really necessaiy? I mean, I can stop charging anytime I want.
甲:呃,我的…老爸。天啊,好啦,有必要嗎?我是說,我可以隨時忍住揮霍的。
B:C'mon,you can't live off your parents your whole life.
乙:拜托,你不能靠你父母一輩子。
A:I know that. That's why I was getting married.
甲:我知道,所以我選擇結婚。
B:Give her a break, it's hard being on your own for the first time.
乙:饒了她吧,第一次獨立并不輕松。
A:Thank you.
甲:謝謝。