Gilmore Girls,《吉爾莫女孩》
A:You got into a fight with Dean.
甲:你和迪恩打架了。
B:Unbelievable.
乙:難以置信。
A:Is that it?
甲:是這樣嗎?
B:It always comes back to Dean.
乙:每次問題都繞回到迪恩。
A:Because you bring it here.
甲:因為是你提起的。
B:You brought up Dean.
乙:你提出來的。
A:Because you got into a fight with him.
甲:因為你倆打架了。
B:Why are you pressing this? Why? I'm trying to make some kind of quasipositive impression on your grandmother per your request and you're forcing me to do otherwise. And what the hell are raisins doing in a salad? Why can't people leave well enough alone?
乙:你千嗎要緊逼?為什么?我努力按照你的每個要求給你外婆留下類似積極的好印象,可你卻把我往回拉。這沙拉里干嗎要放葡萄干?就不能讓人家靜一靜?
A:Well, in that whole speech, I didn't hear you deny it.
甲:這么說來,你并不否認。
B:We've got great choices on the prime rib. How do you like your prime rib, Jess?
乙:我們有很棒的上等肋骨肉。杰西,你喜歡嗎?
A:Cooked.
甲:煮熟就好。
B:He's not picky, Grandma.
乙:他不挑剔的,外婆。
A:Good, that'll make it easier. So, what did I miss?
甲:很好,那就好辦多了。那么,我錯過什么了嗎?
B:Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
乙:沒有,什么也沒錯過。