The Hudsucker Proxy,《金錢帝國》
I tell ya the guy's phony.
跟你說,那家伙絕對是在裝腔作勢。
Phony,huh?
裝腔作勢?你確定?
As a three-dollar bill.
我打賭。
Says who?
誰說他裝腔作勢了?
Sez me! Amy Archer. Why is he an Idea Man-because Hudsucker says so?
我—艾米阿瑟本人說的。憑什么把他稱為“點子先生” ?就因為郝德克說他是他就是嗎?
What're his ideas? Why won't anyone interview him?
他究竟都想出什么好點子了?為什么他從來不接受采訪?
Five bucks says she mentions her Pulitzer.
我跟你打賭5塊錢,她絕對要提她的普利策獎。
Again? You're on.
又打一次嗎?行啊。
(as she picks up the morning paper)And just take a look at the mug on this guy-the jutting eyebrows,the simian forehead, the idiotic grin.
(拿起晨報)光看看這個人的臉:快飛起來的眉毛,猩猩似的額頭,傻不愣登的笑。
Why he has a face only a mother could love...
他長那樣子只有他媽才愛看…
On payday! The only story here is how this guy made a monkey out of you, Al.
還是在發工資的日子!今天就只有這么條新聞,看這個家伙怎樣讓你在人前丟臉。
Yeah, well, monkey or not I'm still editor of this rag.
是啊,嗯,不官我有沒有丟臉,我還是這兒的主編。
Amy, I thought you were doing that piece on the F.B.I.J. Edgar Hoover: When Will He Marry?
艾米你不是在寫關于FBI的埃德加胡佛《埃德加胡佛何時完婚》的報道嗎?
I filed it yesterday.
我昨天就發稿了。
Well, do a follow-up: Hoover: Hero or Mama's Boy?
我再作個后續報道:《胡佛—是英雄還是媽媽的乖孩子?》