本段對話選自Meet The Parents,《拜見岳父大人》
It's a great gift,I just thought you were gonna get them champagne.
禮物真棒。我還以為你會給他們帶香檳。
Trust me,I think your dad is gonna be very psyched about this gift.
相信我。我想你爸會很喜歡這個禮物。
Well,don't forget he's retired,though.
別忘了,他退休了。
The guy was in the rareflower business for 30 years,I think he still maintains an interest.
他做了30年的花卉生意,我想他還保持這個愛好。
You make it sound like they're really hard to please.
你說得好像他們很難被取悅。
No,not at all!
不,一點也不!
He's the sweetest man in the whole world,just relax!
他是世界上最好的男人,盡管放心!
He's gonna love you,I promise.
他會喜歡你的,我保證。
As much as he loves Dr,Bob?
就像他喜歡Bob醫生一樣?
Take it easy on the sarcasm.Humor is entirely wasted on my parents.
被挖苦時別放在心上,幽默對我父母完全沒用。
What,are they Amish?
什么,他們是阿門忠派嗎?
Okay,no jokes.
好吧,不開玩笑了。
What are you doing?
你在干嗎?
What?
什么?
I told you my dad sees smoking as a sign of weakness.
我告訴過你,我爸認為吸煙是軟弱的舉動。
Okay,all right.I'll leave 'em in the car.
好吧,我會把煙留在車上。
No,no,no,no,he'll check there.Oh,gosh.
別,別,他會檢查這里。噢,糟糕。