本段對話選自Barry Lyndon,《亂世兒女》
Look, here, Redmond, my boy; this is silly business.
聽我說,瑞德蒙,孩子,這太愚蠢了。
The girl will Quin, mark my words; and as sure as she does, you'll forget her. Yo' but a boy.
記住我的話,那女孩會嫁給奎恩。跟他結了婚,你就會忘記她。你只是個孩子,
Quin is willing to consider you as such. Right, Quin?
奎恩也是這么想的,對吧,
Oh, mm-hm.
喂,沒錯。
Now, Dublin's a fine place, and if you have a mind to ride there and town for a month, here's ten guineas at your service.
都柏林是個好地方,如果你愿意到那里待一個月,這里有十基尼夠你花的了。
Will that satisfy you,Captain Quin?
能接受嗎,奎恩上尉?
Yes, if Mr. Barry will apologize and go to Dublin...I will consider the whole affair honorably settled.
當然,如果巴利先生愿意道歉,并且到都柏林去…我會認為問題都妥善解決了。
Say you're sorry, Redmond. You can easily say that.
快道歉吧,瑞德蒙。跟他道歉,很簡單的。
I'm not sorry. And I'll not apologize. And I'd as soon go to Dublin as to hell.
我沒覺得我錯了,我不要道歉,我不要去都柏林。
Then there's nothing else for it. God bless you.
那么我們別無他法了,上帝祝福你。
This isn't my pistol.
這不是我的槍。
It's all right,it's one of mine.
沒關系,這是我的槍。
Yours will serve, if it's needed, for the next round. Good luck, Redmond.
如果進行下一個輪決斗,我們再用你的槍。祝你妤運。