Hey, dad, great news. I got a job.
嘿 爸爸 好消息 我找到工作了
Stop right there. I'm having the greatest dream of my life.
打住 我一生中最偉大的美夢成真了
The school's gonna pay me 100 bucks to DJ at the dance on Friday.
學校付給我一百塊讓我當星期五的舞會的DJ
The dream continues.
美夢依舊
I just need you to give me $200 to rent the DJ equipment.
所以你要給我兩百塊讓我去租DJ要用的設備
And now I'm awake.
夢醒了
Hey, what was I doing in the dream?
嘿 在你的夢里我在干什么呢
You weren't saying anything, which is why I thought it was a dream.
你全程閉嘴 所以我才會認為那是個夢
P.J., why would you take a job where you're gonna lose money?
P.J. 你為什么要接一個賠錢的工作呢
Does everything always have to be about money?
難道什么事都要和錢扯上關系嗎
Are you giving me the 200?
你到底給不給我二百塊錢
Sorry, son. You're gonna have to come up with the money some other way.
抱歉 兒子 你得自己去想辦法搞到這筆錢
Like how?
怎么搞到
Oh, I know. Get a job.
噢 我想到了 找份工作
I'll be right back.
我馬上回來
Wait, where's your sister?
等等 你妹妹在哪兒呢
Don't bother her, Emmett.
別去煩她了 Emmett
Okay, where shouldn't I bother her?
好吧 她在什么我煩不到的地方呢
In the kitchen.
廚房
All right. Thanks
知道了 謝謝
Hey, Teddy bear.
嘿 泰迪熊
Hey, Emmett.
嘿 Emmett
You know this dance this Friday night is"girls ask guys," right?
你知道星期五的舞會是女孩邀請男孩的 對吧
Uh-huh.
嗯哈
You're a girl. I'm a guy.
你是個女孩 而我是個男孩
Something you want to ask me?
你有什么想跟我說的嗎
Okay, Emmett, listen,
Emmett 聽著
P.J. is my brother and you're his best friend.
P.J.是我的哥哥 而你是他最好的朋友
So in a way you're kind of like my brother too.
所以從某種程度上來說 你也是我的兄弟
And I can't go to the dance with my brother.
而我不能和兄弟一起去舞會
You can see why that would be wrong, right?
你也會覺得那怪怪的 對吧
This is the longest conversation we've ever had.
這是咱倆之間有史以來最長的一次對話了
Did you hear anything I just said?
你有沒有聽我說話啊
Something about wanting to go to the dance with a brother.
你想和自己的兄弟去舞會之類的
Emmett, I want you to listen to me very carefully.
Emmett 我要你認真聽我說
I'm not going to ask you to the dance.
我是不會邀請你去舞會的
When you touch me it feels like electricity.
你碰到我的時候 那簡直是觸電的感覺