Script: I'm sorry I freaked out before.
【要點解析】freak out:(使)極度興奮;行為反常
e.g. We are going to freak out if you do not show up.
你不來我們就要發瘋了。
e.g. The bond market could freak out over excessive national debt.
過高的國家債務可能讓債券市場陷入恐慌。
e.g. I've never been good with scary movies. They really freak me out.
我看不來驚悚片,它們真的會讓我嚇破膽。
Script: I know it's not the right time, but when we were waiting for the thing, it was like I could see our whole future, falling into place all around us.
【要點解析】wait for
(1)觀望形勢后再作決定, 見風使舵
e.g. She waited for the cat to jump before she made up her mind.
她觀望了形勢以后才作出決定。
(2)等待;等候
e.g. I've been waiting for the bus for half an hour.
我等車已等了半個小時了。
e.g. He always has to be waited for.
他老是要人等他。
e.g. The shepherd boy waited for his sheep to drink.
牧童等羊喝水。
e.g. He is waiting for something good to turn up.
他正期待著情況好轉。
fall into:掉進,陷入; 墮入; 陷于
e.g. The landlord had let the building fall into decay .
房東不管,房子已經破爛不堪。
e.g. We are likely to fall into step with them.
我們可能接受他們的意見。
e.g. Don't let it fall into the hands of the enemy.
不要讓它落入敵人手中。
e.g. It's no use letting yourself fall into the dumps.
你聽任自己的情緒低沉下去一點用也沒有。
Script: And I'd much rather focus on what I'm seeing right now.
【要點解析】focus on:專心致志于......致力于; 使聚焦于; 對(某事或做某事)予以注意; 把…作為興趣中心
e.g. The noise made it hard for me to focus on work.
噪音讓我無法集中注意力工作。
e.g. The talks will focus on economic development of the region.
會談將著重討論該地區的經濟發展。
e.g. Stop looking for things we don't know and focus on what we do know.
別管那些我們不知道的想想我們知道什么?
e.g. Lampeter has a special focus on the humanities and social sciences.
蘭姆斯特特別注重于人文和社會科學。