中英對白
I finished Audrey Hepburn's biography last night, and it totally inspired me.
昨晚 讀完了奧黛麗.赫本的傳記 讓我靈感狂涌啊
Audrey Hepburn's, she's so boring.I hated Breakfast at Tiffany's.
奧黛麗.赫本 她超無聊的 我恨《蒂凡尼的早餐》
But if you tell one gay person I said that, I will deny it. I will.
如果你敢告訴別的同志我說了這話 我矢口否認啊 必須的
I promise.
保證不會啦話說
Anyway, Audrey basically gave up her stardom to go and do good in the world, and it made me think.
奧黛麗基本放棄了她的演員身份 在世間行善 就讓我沉思啊
I'm an editor now. Really?
我現在是編輯啦 是么
And I'm finally in a position to tell stories like that stories about people who do inspiring and selfless things.
我終于能以我視角 講述類似的故事 那些做著激勵人心和無私善事人的故事
Well, here's your next assignment from the powers that be.
這是統治階級分派給你的下項任務
Inspiring? The most comfortable stiletto?
激勵人心吧 最舒適的細高跟
Betty Suarez, keeping the dream alive for hookers with hammertoe.
Betty Suarez 為那些生槌狀趾的妓女們維持一把希望吧
重點講解
Script: Anyway, Audrey basically gave up her stardom to go and do good in the world, and it made me think.
【要點解析】1. stardom
exp. Stardom is the state of being very famous, usually as an actor, musician, or sports player. 明星地位(或身份)
e.g. In 1929 she shot to stardom on Broadway in a Noel Coward play.
1929 年,她因出演諾埃爾·科沃德的一部劇而在百老匯一炮走紅。
e.g. The actor coast ed to stardom on his father's name.
那位男演員靠父親的名譽一帆風順地成了明星。
2. give up:辭去(工作)
exp. If you give up your job, you resign from it.
e.g. She gave up her job to join her husband's campaign.
她辭去工作,加入到丈夫的宣傳活動中。
e.g. He is thinking of giving up teaching.
他在考慮辭去教書的工作。
3. do good:做好事,行善事
e.g. You should do good to others.
你應該對人行善。
e.g. He prefers to do good by stealth.
他寧愿悄悄做好事。
Script: Betty Suarez, keeping the dream alive for hookers with hammertoe.
【要點解析】keep the dream alive:堅持你的夢想
這個短語的結構是:keep+N.+adj.中的keep是使役動詞,意思是“讓,使得”。