Script: What's with all the candles?
【要點解析】what with:由于,因為
e.g. What with the heavy rain and his not knowing the way, he was late.
下著大雨,再加道兒不熟,所以他遲到了。
e.g. What with the rain and the bad food, we have a very miserable holiday.
由于天下雨,食物又變質,我們度了個倒霉的假日。
e.g. What with one thing and another, I forgot to tell you we couldn't come.
因為事情很多, 弄得我忘記告訴你我們不能來了。
e.g. What with overwork and what with hunger, John fell ill.
約翰病倒了, 一半由于過度勞累而一半由于饑餓。
Script: And every time I get near you, you make some excuse to run off into the kitchen or rush upstairs,
【要點解析】1. get near sb:接近某人
e.g. Rescue workers did not get near them.
救援人員沒能靠近他們。
e.g. The pop-star was spirited away at the end of the concert before her fans could get near her.
音樂會一結束, 那位流行樂曲歌手沒等歌迷接近她就沒影兒了。
2. make an excuse:找某種理由,找某個借口
e.g. The student wanted to make an excuse for not doing his homework.
這學生想為他沒做家庭作業找借口。
e.g. Next time just make an excuse for having an exam the next day!
下一次就找個借口說你第二天要考試!
Script: And I know you care for me, but there's someone out there, who's gonna be thrilled to be mistaken for my wife.
【要點解析】care for:喜歡,在乎
e.g. I don't much care for that sort of man.
我不太喜歡那種人。
e.g. I don't much care for sweets.
我不太喜歡吃糖果。
e.g. I don't care for riding on a bike very much; I'd rather go on foot.
我不太喜歡騎自行車, 寧愿步行。