Script: Well, it... it never made sense to me.
【要點講解】make sense
(1)有意義,講得通
e.g. This sentence doesn't make any sense.
這個句子沒有意義。
e.g. His logic is too loose to make much sense.
他的推理太不嚴密,沒什么道理。
(2)是明智的, 是合情合理的
e.g. It would make sense to leave early.
還是早點走好。
The more I try to make sense, the wilder it all gets.
我越是想理智一點,可是心里越亂的厲害。
(3) 理解
e.g. Can you make sense out of what this book says?
你能理解這本書的內容嗎?
e.g. We couldn't make any sense of his sudden outburst.
我們被他這沒頭沒腦的話給弄愣了。
Script: I.. I wish that someone would peel my skin off...
【要點解析】peel off
(1)去皮
e.g. Peel off the skin before you eat the orange.
吃橘子前先去果皮。
(2)脫掉,取掉(衣物等)
e.g. It's hot here, and I think I'll peel off my jacket.
這里太熱, 我想把上衣脫掉。
e.g. He turned back to peel off his gloves.
他又轉回身來肥手套脫下來.
(3)脫落,撕下
e.g. It took me two days to peel off the labels.
我花了兩天時間才揭下這些標簽。
e.g. The label will peel off if you soak it in water.
那標簽用水浸濕即可脫落。
Script: Yeah, he's been really busy with the campaign.
【要點解析】be busy with:忙于......
e.g. Lucy was busy with the adornment of her room.
露西正忙著布置她的房間。
e.g. We haven 't had time. We've been too busy with trivial matters!
我們盡忙著雞毛蒜皮的事,還沒顧上呢!
Script: I just... I needed some sign, you know, about whether or not I should break up with such a good guy.
【要點解析】break up
(1)(使)分裂;(被)拆分;(使)破碎
e.g. Civil war could come if the country breaks up.
如果國家分裂就會爆發內戰。
e.g. There was a danger of the ship breaking up completely.
這艘船有徹底解體的危險。
(2)(戀人)分手;(夫妻)結束關系
e.g. My girlfriend had broken up with me.
我的女朋友已跟我分手了。
e.g. He felt appalled by the whole idea of marriage so we broke up.
他被結婚的想法嚇住了,因此我們分了手。
(3)(婚姻關系)破裂;結束(婚姻關系)
e.g. MPs say they work too hard and that is why so many of their marriages break up.
國會議員們聲稱他們工作過于辛勞,因而導致他們當中很多人婚姻破裂。
e.g. Fred has given me no good reason for wanting to break up our marriage.
弗雷德沒能給我一個想要結束我們婚姻的正當理由。
4.(學校或學生)放假
e.g. It's the last week before they break up, and they're doing all kinds of Christmas things.
這是放假前的最后一周,他們正在為圣誕節作各種準備。
Script: Well, I got my sign. I don't belong with Archie.
【要點解析】belong with
(1)屬于, 歸于
e.g.He is a philosopher who belongs with Dewey.
他是和杜威同屬于一派的哲學家。
(2)與...... 有關
e.g.Poetry belongs with music.
詩歌與音樂相近。
(3)與......住在一起,與......相處
e.g. He belongs with his father.
他和他的父親住在一起。
e.g. Show her she doesn't belong with plebs!
讓她知道她不適合和普通人在一起!
Script: I just... I don't know if I'm gonna have the guts to tell him.
【要點解析】have the guts:有勇氣
e.g. But he didn't have the guts to just go ahead and do his own dirty work.
但是他又沒有膽量直截了當地進行他這種卑鄙的勾當。
e.g. I don't think you'd have the guts to pull a fast one.
我諒你也不敢搗鬼。
e.g. I am afraid I do not have the guts to go up to the boss and tell him what I ought to do.
我想我沒有膽量去找老板并告訴他我該說的話。