Leonard: So, what's going on with Raj?
拉杰,咋樣了?
Howard: Well, the good news is,he has no problem with my mother's tur-briska-fil.
好消息是,他對吃火雞大禮包沒有意見。
Penny: Hard to believe, but go on.
難以置信,接著說。
Howard: The bad news is, he says he's getting deported.
壞消息是他說他要被驅逐出境了。
Leonard: What do you mean?He’s getting deported?
什么意思?他被驅逐出境?
Sheldon: I believe it means that the U.S. Government is going to expel him from the country. He could then either return to his native India, Emigrate to another country that's willing to accept him Or wander the high seas as a stateless pirate. Personally, I'd choose pirate.
我認為這意思就是美國政府,打算將他驅逐出這個國家。他可以回他的印度,或者移民去某些愿意接收他的國家。或者干脆做個馳騁于公海之上的海盜也行。就我個人而言,我對做海盜情有獨鐘。
Howard: Penny, would you mind stepping outside So we can speak to him?
佩妮,你能不能先出去下。讓我們跟他好好談談?
Penny: Fine. But the man really needs to work on his girl issues.
好的。但是他真該好好解決下,不能和女性說話的毛病了。
Sheldon: Another reason to consider life of piracy. Even today, I understand that's an all-male profession.
我另一個考慮做海盜的原因就是,目前為止,這還是男人的天下。
Howard: Okay, she's gone.
好啦,她走啦。
Raj: Sorry. I lost my cool.
對不起,我失去了冷靜。
Leonard: So, what's going on?
發生什么事了?
Raj: Okay, here's the deal. Six months ago, my research testing the predicted composition of trans-Neptunian objects ran into a dead end.
事情是這樣,六個月前我關于海王星外天體測算的課題走進了死胡同
Howard: So?
然后呢?
Raj: So, my visa's only good as long as I'm employed in the university and when they find out that I've got squat, They're going to cut me off. By the way, when I say squat, I mean diddly-squat. I wish I had squat.
只有我在大學工作,我的簽證才有效。如果他們發現我定居了。就會把我驅逐。順便提一下,我說是非法定居。我倒真想定居下來。
Leonard: So, wait, what have you been doing for the past six months?
等等,那之后的六個月你都干嘛了?
Raj: You know, checking e-mail, updating my facebook status, messing up wikipedia entries.
收發郵件,更新Facebook的個人狀態,搞亂維基百科條目。