1. down with:達到,拿下
She is down with la grippe and so is her cook.
她在患流行性感冒,她家的廚子也病倒了。
He is down with the flu, and therefore can not come to the party.
他患了流行性感冒,因此未能前來參加宴會。
2. have one’s eye on
釋義1:看中
Neil’s had his eye on those shoes for a while. We should buy them for his birthday.
尼爾已經看中那雙鞋子好一陣子了。我們應該買給他當作生日禮物。
I've got my eye on a really nice sofa - I just hope we can afford it.
我看上一套真正好的沙發,我就是希望我能買得起它。
釋義2:看上,對……有意思
You should be careful; I think Danni has got her eye on your boyfriend.
你應該小心點,我覺得丹妮對你男朋友有意思。
釋義3:盯著看
How’s your diet going? You: have had your eye on the cake display all lunchtime!
你節食得怎么樣了?吃中飯的時候你的眼睛一直盯著那個蛋糕陳列架!
釋義:4:一心想得到
Mark has his eye on the captaincy of the basketball team.
馬克一心想當那支籃球隊的隊長。
釋義5:注意
Ever since we got to this party, that man’s had his eye on you.
我們一到這個派對,那個男的就一直在注意你。
3. set sb. up with sb.:撮合某人和某人在一起,給某人介紹對象
It is so much to set your girlfriend to another guy.
把你的女朋友介紹給其他男人太過分了吧。
I will trying to set your daughter up with the rich.
我盡力把有錢的人介紹給你的女兒。