Dear Jane...
親愛的珍…
Mr Darcy.
達西先生
Please, do be seated.
請坐
Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.
柯林斯夫婦到村里去了
This is a charming house.
這房子很迷人
I believe my aunt did a great deal to it when Mr Collins first arrived.
我想柯林斯先生剛到這時 我姨媽大肆整修了一番
I believe so.
我想是的
She could not have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful subject.
她大概再也找不到 更會感謝她仁慈贈與的人
Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.
你要喝點茶嗎? - 不,謝謝
Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.
再見,伊莉莎白小姐 真是榮幸
What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?
妳到底對可憐的達西先生怎麼了?
I have no idea.
我不知道
Every mind must have some counsellor
每顆心都要有個諮詢者
to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.
好在危難的時候求助
There are many conveniences which others can supply and we cannot procure.
我們也許有其它方便的選擇
I have in view those objects
我已經觀察過這些目標
which are only to be obtained through intercourse...
這些只能藉由性交獲得…
Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility.
抱歉 我是指藉由友誼或禮貌的交際
On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you not with cordiality,
在這種情況下 這人不是因熱誠而接待你
but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy...
而是帶著懷疑 如同偵測敵人一般
How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses.
你計劃在此待多久? - 這要看達西