I hope she practises.
我希望她勤練習
No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.
持續的練習才能表現出色
I've told Mrs Collins this.
我告訴過柯林斯先生這點
Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings
妳自己沒有樂器 隨時歡迎到羅新莊園
and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.
到管家房間練習鋼琴?
You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.
謝謝 在那邊妳不會打擾到任何人
You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.
達西先生 你靠近是要聽音樂還是想嚇唬我?
But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.
但我并不怕 雖然妳妹妹彈得很好
I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.
我知道 即使我想,我也嚇不了妳
What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?
我的朋友在哈福郡的表現如何?
Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.
準備聽些可怕的事
The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,
第一次見到他時 他不肯跟任何人跳舞
though gentlemen were scarce
即使當時紳士很少
and there was more than one lady without a partner.
沒有舞伴的不只一位女士
I knew nobody beyond my own party.
除了我朋友,我不認識任何人
Nobody can be introduced at a ball.
大家在舞會中會互相介紹
Fitzwilliam, I need you.
費茲威廉,我需要你
I do not have the talent
我沒有那種天份
of conversing easily with people I have never met before.
和沒見過的人輕易交談
Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise.
也許你該聽你姨媽的忠告 勤於練習