1. turn round: 掉頭
The trouble is, the beggars scatter as soon as you turn round with the hat.
問題是,你一轉身拿出帽子,那些混蛋馬上就散開了。
A few moments later, the instinct of which we have spoken above made him turn round.
不大一會兒,出自我們上面所說的那種本能,他又轉身折回來。
2. bend down: 倔身(彎腰)
Also, one of the workers said that he constantly wanted to drop something on the floor so he could bend down to pick it up while working.
有一個工人說,他經常故意把東西掉在地上,以便撿東西的時候可以休息一下。
On the sole condition that it shall bend down to the people.
唯一的條件是向人民低下頭來。
3. on the side: 作為兼職
In general, freelancing on the side while working a full-time job will allow you to get a taste for what full-time freelancing will be like, but with very little risk.
總的來說,在有一份全職工作的同時,一邊兼職自由職業的工作,能使你在很小的風險下嘗嘗作為一名自由職業全職者是怎樣的滋味。
4. come up: 出現
They come up with me, my clients, and my friends frequently.
他們經常過來找我,我的客戶以及我的朋友。
5. settle down : 安心,專心
Don't you want to settle down?
你難道不想生活安定下來嗎?
6. pass around: 分發, 傳送
We will see later how to pass around more complex variables like arrays and structures.
稍后我們將看到如何傳送更復雜的變量,如數組和結構。
The men stretch out on quilts and pass around cigarettes and small glasses of hot sugared tea.
人們在棉被上舒展身體,挨個兒分發香煙和小杯加了蜜的熱茶。