I hope you know that covering your typewriter is office code for "I'm done for the day. "
你知道把打字機罩起來 在辦公室里就代表下班了吧
I'm not feeling so well.
我不舒服
Neither am I.
我也是
Look at these letters you typed after lunch.
你看看你午飯后打的這些信
Terre Haute, Indiana,has two Rs and an A and an E at the end.
Terre多了兩個r's Indiana結尾處 一個a 還有一個e
I think either you missed home row by a hand,or you were out drinking with the junior account boys again.
你不是想念生手的感覺 就是又和初級會計出去喝酒了
I wasn't drinking.
我沒喝酒
I don't like your tone.
我不喜歡你的腔調
I'll redo these right away.
我馬上重做
Look at you, all in a snit.
看你不高興的
Are you gonna watch me?
你要盯著我嗎?
What is wrong with you?
你怎么了?
Honestly
說實話?
why is it that every time a man takes you out to lunch around here,you're... you're the dessert?
為什么每次這兒的男人請你吃午餐 你就成了...成了甜點!
That's terrible.
這太糟了
It's constant from every corner.
每個角落都這樣
I'm from Bay Ridge. We have manners.
我來自菲偉爾 我們有教養
Why can't they just leave it alone?
他們就不能別來招惹我?
Because men always bother you all the time.
因為男人總是來煩你
They follow you down the street.
他們在街上都會跟住你
Well, not exactly.
不完全是
Look, dear, I don't know you that well,but you're the new girl
親愛的 我不是很了解你 但你是新來的
and you're not much,so you might as well enjoy it while it lasts.
你還沒到"工作從此順利下去"的時候呢
Of course.
當然
Don't be that way.I'm just offering some perspective, that's all.
別這樣 我只是跟你說說我的看法
Thank you, Joan.
謝謝你 Joan
I'll save my thank-yous till you correct that correspondence.
等你把信改好了我再謝你