-Phoebe: (entering) Hi guys!
大家好!
-All: Hey, Pheebs! Hi!
嗨,Pheebs!
-Ross: Hey. Oh, oh, how'd it go?
嗨,你的約會怎么樣?
-Phoebe: Um, not so good. He walked me to the subway and said 'We should do this again!'
不怎么樣。他送我到地鐵,說:“我們當時應該再做一次。”
-All: Ohh. Ouch.
噢。
-Rachel: What? He said 'we should do it again', that's good, right?
什么?他說:‘我們當時應該再做一次’,那是不很好嗎,對吧?
-Monica: Uh, no. Loosely translated 'We should do this again' means 'You will never see me naked'.
不,‘我們應該再約一次’一般可以理解為‘你將再也看不到我的裸體。’
-Rachel: Since when?
什么時候開始的?
-Joey: Since always. It's like dating language. You know, like 'It's not you' means 'It is you'.
一直這樣的。這是約會用語。就像‘問題不是出在你’其實就是‘就是你’。
-Chandler: Or 'You're such a nice guy' means 'I'm gonna be dating leather-wearing alcoholics and complaining about them to you'.
還有‘你真好’意思是‘我要和總穿著皮褲又酗酒的人約會…,然后向你抱怨.
-Phoebe: Or, or, you know, um, 'I think we should see other people' means 'Ha, ha, I already am'.
還有,你知道,恩,‘我想我們應該約約其他人’意思是‘哈哈,我已經約過了。’
-Rachel: And everybody knows this?
你們大家都知道這些?
-Joey: Yeah. Cushions the blow.
對。免得太傷人。
-Chandler: Yeah, it's like when you're a kid, and your parents put your dog to sleep, and they tell you it went off to live on some farm.
沒錯。就像小時候父母對小狗實行安樂死,父母騙小孩那樣,說它跑到別人家的農場去了。
-Ross: That's funny, that, no, because, uh, our parents actually did, uh, send our dog off to live on a farm.
太有意思了。不過,我們的父母倒真的把我們家的狗送到農場去了。
-Monica: Uh, Ross.
嗯,Ross。
-Ross: What? Wh- hello? The Millners' farm in Connecticut? The Millners, they had this unbelievable farm, they had horses, and, and rabbits that he could chase and it was- it w- .....Oh my God, Chi Chi!
什么?怎么了?Millner家的農場不是在Connecticut嗎?Millner家有很棒的農場,有馬,兔子,狗兒在那兒可以追……,噢,我的天,奇奇!