Harry : I've been doin' a lot of thinkin' and the thing is, I love you. 我想了很多,結論是,我愛你。
Sally: What? 什么?
Harry : I love you. 我愛你。
Sally: How d'you expect me to respond to this? 你期待我能有什么樣的回應?
Harry : How about you love me, too? 你也愛我怎么樣?
Sally: How about I'm leaving? 我要走了怎么樣?
Harry : Doesn't what I said mean anything? 我說的沒有任何意義嗎?
Sally: Sorry, Harry. I know it's New Year's Eve. I know you're feeling lonely. But you just can't show up, say you love me and expect that to make it all right. It doesn't work this way. 對不起,Harry。我知道這是新年夜,我知道你覺得很孤單。但是你不能只是出現說你愛我,期待一切都沒事。這樣不行。
Harry : Well, how does it work? 那么,你想怎么樣?
Sally: I don't know, but not this way. 我不知道,不過不是這樣。
Harry : Then how about this way? 那么,這樣怎么樣?
I love that you get cold when it's 71?out. 我愛你當外面71華氏度的時候還感冒;
I love that it takes you 1/2 hours to order a sandwich. 我愛你用半個小時點三明治;
I love that you get a crinkle here when you look at me like I'm nuts. 我愛你皺著眉看我,好像我是個瘋子一樣;
I love that after I spend a day with you I smell your perfume on my clothes. 我愛整天和你在一起,然后在我衣服上能聞到你的香味;
And I love that you are the last person I wanna talk to before I go to sleep at night. 我還愛你是每晚睡前我最后一個想說話的人。
And it's not because I'm lonely or because it's New Year's Eve. 這不是因為我孤單或者是新年夜,
I came cos when you realise you wanna spend the rest of your life with someone, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible. 我來是因為如果你意識到你要和某個人共渡余生,你會想你的余生能越快開始越好。
Sally: You see? That is just like you, Harry. You say things like that and you make it impossible for me to hate you! And I hate you, Harry. I really hate you. I hate you. 你看,你就是這樣,Harry,你那樣說話讓我無法恨你。我恨你,Harry,我真的恨你。我恨你。
adj. 不可能的,做不到的
adj.