[Scene: A Restaurant, Monica and Paul are eating.]
-Monica: Oh my God!
嗯,天啊。
-Paul: I know, I know, I'm such an idiot.
我知道,我是個大白癡。
I guess I should have caught on when she started going to the dentist four and five times a week.
她每周看四五次牙醫時我就該了解,
I mean, how clean can teeth get?
我指牙齒能有多干凈?
-Monica: My brother's going through that right now, he's such a mess. How did you get through it?
我哥正承受著這種痛苦,一副失魂落魄的樣子。你是怎么熬過來的?
-Paul: Well, you might try accidentally breaking something valuable of hers, say her-
你可以偶然地,砸爛她貴重的東西,比如她的……
-Monica: -leg?
……腿?
-Paul: (laughing) That's one way! Me, I- I went for the watch.
這樣也不賴!我……我砸爛了她的表。
-Monica: You actually broke her watch? Wow! The worst thing I ever did was, I-I shredded my boyfriend's favorite bath towel.
你真的砸爛過她的表?哇!我做過的最壞的事情是,我撕碎了男朋友最喜歡的浴巾。
-Paul: Ooh, steer clear of you.
那可惹不得你哦
-Monica: That's right.
對啊。
[Scene: Monica's Apartment, Rachel is talking on the phone and pacing.
-Rachel: Barry, I'm sorry... I am so sorry...
Barry,真是對不起。
I know you probably think that this is all about what I said the other day about you making love with your socks on,
你一定認為此事與我那次說的話有關,關于你做愛時,穿著襪子,
but it isn't... it isn't, it's about me,
其實不是,問題出在我身上,我……
and I ju- (She stops talking and dials the phone.)
Hi, machine cut me off again... anyway...look, look,
電話又掉線了,不管怎么樣….瞧瞧
I know that some girl is going to be incredibly lucky to become Mrs. Barry Finkel,
我知道某個女孩將異常幸運地成為Finkel Barry太太,
but it isn't me, it's not me.
但那不是我,不是我。
And not that I have any idea who me is right now, but you just have to give me a chance to...
而我現在連我自己是誰都不知道,但你還應該給我一個機會向你……
(The machine cuts her off again and she redials.)