You’re stuck on me and my laughing eyes
你迷住了我 和我愛笑的眼睛
I can’t pretend though I try to hide
我無法假裝 盡管我努力隱藏
I like you
我喜歡你
I like you
我喜歡你
I think I felt my heart skip a beat
我覺得我心漏跳了一拍
I’m standing here and I can hardly breathe
佇立于此 我無法呼吸
You got me
你迷住了我
You got me
你迷住了我
The way you take my hand is just so sweet
你拉我的手 那感覺如此甜蜜
And that crooked smile of yours
而你那淘氣的笑容
It knocks me off my feet
讓我站不穩
Oh, I just can’t get enough
哦,我就是愛不夠你
I’m a stew I need to fill me up
我是你囊中之物 請讓我充滿愛
It feels so good it must be love
這感覺如此美妙 這一定就是愛情
It’s everything that I’ve been dreaming of
這就是我所渴望的一切
I give up, I give in
我放棄 我讓步
I let go Let’s begin
我放手,讓我們開始吧
Cause no matter what I do
因為無論我要做些什么
My heart is filled with you
我的心中滿滿全是你
I hope we always feel this way
希望我們永遠如此甜蜜
I know you will
我知道你一定會的
And in my heart I know that
在我心底 我深知
You’ll always stay
你會永遠存在
This is Sophie Hall from The New Yorker.
我是《紐約客》的索菲·赫爾
Hi, Mr. Beal. Thank you for calling me back.
嗨 比爾先生 謝謝您給我回電
No. I’m not a writer. I’m a fact checker, actually.
不 我不是作家 其實我是事實審查員
It is a bit like being a detective, yes.
就像偵探差不多 是的
Let’s see if you are the Robert Beal that I’m looking for.
看看你是不是我要找的羅伯特·比爾
Can you confirm where you were
您能確定在二戰結束時
when you found out World War II was over?
您在哪兒嗎?
Poughkeepsie? All right. Right, thank you so much.
波基普西? 好的 非常感謝
Yes, the moment the war ended.
是的 在戰爭結束的那一刻
Palm Beach? Okay. Lucky guy.
棕櫚灘? 你真走運
Thank you very much. Bye.
非常感謝 再見
Bobby, hey, I got nothing,
鮑比 一點進展都沒
but there’s two more Robert Beals, and one petty officer, third class.
但還有兩個羅伯特·比爾 一個海軍下士
Wait.
等等
I’m gonna call you back.
一會兒打給你
Sophie Hall.
我是索菲·赫爾
Can you confirm where you were when you found out World War II was over?
能說一下在二戰結束時你在哪兒嗎?
Times Square? I’m in Times Square right now.
時代廣場? 我現在就在時代廣場呢
I’m standing exactly where the photograph was taken.
我就站在拍照的那個地點
I really thought I would never find you.
我真的以為永遠也找不到你了
So, can you... Can I ask you to describe what you saw that day?
那么 你能不能描述一下那天你都看到些什么?