1、turn out
(以某種方式)發生;最后是;結果是
If I had known my life was going to turn out like this, I would have let them kill me.
如果我早知道自己的人生結局會是如此,我當時寧愿讓他們殺了我。
Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有時事情并不像我們認為的那樣發展。
原來是;結果發現
Cosgrave's forecast turned out to be quite wrong.
科斯格雷夫的預測最后證明是大錯特錯。
It turned out that I knew the person who got shot.
結果發現我認識那個中槍的人。
(尤指把某人從其長期居住處)攆走,趕出,逐出
Surely nobody would suggest turning him out of the house.
當然不會有人建議把他從房子里趕出去。
They were turned out of the hotel.
他們被趕出了旅館。
2、conscience
良心;良知
I have battled with my conscience over whether I should actually send this letter.
我備受良心的煎熬,不知是否真的應該把這封信寄出去。
What if he got a guilty conscience and brought it back?
要是他覺得內疚,把東西拿回來了怎么辦?
信仰;憑良心行事
He refused for reasons of conscience to sign a new law legalising abortion.
他出于信仰,拒絕簽署使墮胎合法化的新法。
the law on freedom of conscience and religious organizations.
有關信仰自由和宗教組織自由的法律