本段對話選自Desperate Housewives,《絕望主婦》
Oh, and I have your first recipe…apple Brownoafie Betty.
哦,我想到了你的第一個食譜…拍馬屁蘋果派,
That's, uh, Sam'specialty.
那是,呃,薩姆的拿手菜。
Since when is hard woik brownnosing?
從什么時候努力工作變成拍馬屁了?
That young man is the first one here every morning.
那個年輕人每天早上是第一個來這兒的,
And the last one to leave at night.
并且晚上也是最后走的。
Yeah, well,it takes a lot of time to turn all that water into wine.
嗯,是啊,把水變成葡萄酒,的確會花費很多時間。
Well, I am sorryy you don't appreciate him.
那么,我很抱歉你不欣賞他。
I think he's tremendous.
我覺得他非常了不起。
In fact,I have decided to give him a promotion.
事實上,我決定給他升職。
A promotion to what?
升到什么職位?
Vice president
副總裁。
Hey, check my stationery, I'm vice president.
嘿,看看我的信箋,我才是副總裁。
Well, a company can have more than one.
呃,一個公司也可以有好幾個。
There's plenty of work to go around.
這還有很多工作要做。
I don't believe this.
我真不敢相信。
You barely know the guy. I'm your son.
你只是才認識這個家伙,我是你的兒子。
I know you don't understand this now, but I am doing what I think it bcest for beth of us,
我知道你現在無法理解,但是我認為我所做的對我們倆都好。
Remember that sentence.You'll be hearing it the day I put you in a nursing home.
記住這句話。我把你送進療養院的那天你會聽到的。