本段對話選自The Pursuit of Happiness,《當幸福來敲門》
Walter Ribbon's Office.
沃爾特瑞本辦公室。
Yes, hello, my name is Chris Gardner. I'm calling for Mr. Walter Ribbon.
你好,我是克利斯加德納,找沃爾特瑞本先生。
Concerning?
有預約嗎?
Yes, ma'am. I'm calling from Dean Witter.
是的,女士。我是迪恩維特公司的。
Just a moment.
請稍等。
Hello?
你好。
Mr. Ribbon? Hello, sir. My name's Chris Gardner. I'm calling from Dean Witter. Yeah, Chris.
瑞本先生?您好,先生, 我叫克利斯加德納,迪恩維特公司的。什么事,克利斯?
Yes, Mr. Ribbon...I would love to have the opportunity to see with you to discuss some of our products.
是,瑞本先生...我希望有機會當面向您介紹一下我們公司的服務。
I'm certain that I could be of some assistance to you.
我肯定能為您做點事。
Can you be here in 20 minutes?
你能20分鐘內趕過來嗎?
Twenty minutes. Absolutely.
20分鐘,當然了。
Just had someone cancel. Come then now. I can give you a few minutes before the 49ers.
有個預約取消了,你現在就過來吧。我會在49人隊比賽前給你幾分鐘時間。
Monday night football, buddy.
老兄,周一晚上可是橄欖球比賽時間啊!
Yes, sir. Thank you very much.
好的,先生。太感謝您了。
See you soon.
那一會兒見。
Bye-bye, Excuse me. Thank you...
再見。感謝您給我這個機會…