本段對話選自Friends,《老友記》
Okay, we have to talk. I'm just getting out of very serious relationship...
好吧,我們得談談。我剛結束一段認真的感情。
I know! And I'm just getting out of a marriage. I mean talk about “meant to be”!
我知道,我還不是剛從婚姻中擺脫出來。這一切都是“天意”!
Right! I just think that this is happening too soon.
沒錯!可是,我覺得這發生得太快了。
Oh, too soon, too schmoon. Face it honey. I am not letting you get away this time.
得了,哪兒快了。勇敢面對吧,這次我決不會讓你跑掉啦。
I hear ya. But! Unfortunately, my company is transferring me overseas!
我知道,但是,很不幸,公司要派我出國!
Oh no! Where to? To Paris?
哦,不要,去哪,是巴黎嗎?
No! No! Not, Paris.
不,不。不是巴黎。
To London? No-no, Rome? Vienna? Ooh-ooh, Barcelona?
倫敦?不,不,羅馬?維也納?哦,巴塞羅那?
Okay, could you just stop talking for a second? Yemen. That's right, yes. I'm being transferred to Yemen!
好了,你能不能停一會兒別說了?也門!嗯,是的,我被派到也門去了。
When?
什么時候?
I don't know exactly.
具體還不大清楚。
Ugh, well I will just have to soak up every once of Chandler Bing until that moment comes.
喊,我會一直陪伴著你,直到你出發的那個肘刻。
But I do know that it's some time tomorrow.
可我知道它是明天的某個時候。