本段對話選自Public Enemies,《公眾之敵》
John Dillinger held up a bank for 74,000, while you failed to arrest Nelson.
約翰迪林格又從一家銀行里搶走了 74000美元,而你們還把尼爾森放跑了。
Sir, I take full responsibility.
長官,責任都在我。
And I would like to make a request.
我還想提個要求,
That we transfer men with special qualifications to augment the staff here in Chicago.
再撥一些探員給我們吧,我們芝加哥這里還需要人手。
There are some former Texas and Oklahoma lawman currently with the Bureau in Dallas.
現在達拉斯州警局有一批曾在德克薩斯州和俄卡拉荷馬州任職的警官。
I thought you understood what I'm building.
我以為你知道我在籌劃什么,
A modern force of professional young men of the best sort.
一支年輕而優秀的專業型現代化人才隊伍。
I'm afraid our type cannot get the job done.
我們現有的人力還不足以完成這項任務。
Excuse me, I cannot hear you.
抱歉,我聽不見你在說什么。
Our type cannot get the job done.
我們的現有人手完不成這樣的任務。
I cannot hear you.
我聽不見你在說什么。
Our type cannot get the job done.
現有人手完成不了任務。
Without qualified help, I would have to resign this appointment.
如果沒有資深警力的援助,恐怕我只能辭去此次行動的統管之職了。
Otherwise, I am leading my men to slaughter.
否則,我就是在帶領我的團隊走向毀滅的深淵。
Mr. Tolson will call you, Agent Purvis.
我會讓托爾森先生給你電話的,普維斯探員。