本段對話選自Ugly Betty,《丑女貝蒂》
The magazine industry is getting hit hard. I know I'm…I,m just an accountant, but budgets are a lot like fashion..._
最近期刊行業很不景氣。我知道我只是個會計,但預算就像時尚…
You'd rather not see red. Very funny.
你們寧愿不生氣,真風趣。
Uh, perhaps you can wrap this up.
你自己收尾吧,
I have a meeting with Tom Ford.
我和湯姆福特還有個會要開。
Yeah, this was great, Mort. Thanks.
你說得很好,莫特,謝謝。
You two, stop. I may not be an owner of this company,
你們倆,站住!也許我不是這家公司的老板,
but my last name is on this building, and I am telling you to wake up.
但我的姓氏刻在這里,我提醒你們認清現狀。
Mom, we got it covered.
媽媽,我們會處理的。
I don't think you do.
我不這么認為。
Now Alexis may have had the occasion murderous impulse,
亞麗克西斯也許偶爾有殺人的沖動,
but she also had a keen mind for numbers, which you two do not.
但她對數字的敏感你倆卻沒有。
You need to bring in someone to run this business.
你們得找人來一起幫忙。
Dear Claire, setting us straight like a poor man's Sally Field?
親愛的克萊爾,你這番義正詞嚴,這是要戰莎莉菲爾德呢?
Neither I nor Daniel cobbled our power together with the intention of giving it away.
我和丹尼爾誰都不想把這個權力交給別人。
I'm not talking about giving anything away.
我不是說讓你們交權。
I'm talking about a CFO…A managing director, someone who reports directly to you. Moit, enlighten my fiiends.
我是說請一位CFO…常務董事,由這個人直接向你們匯報。莫特,給我的老朋友說說,
Please give them an honest assessment of our finances.
把公司的經濟狀況做一個最中肯的總結。
If we keep going the way we're going, before you know it,
如果我們照此態勢發展下去,用不了多久…
you two will go from being the owners of Meade to the owners of nothing.
你們兩位就會從米德的老板變得一無所有。