本段對話選自Ugly Betty,《丑女貝蒂》
Daniel:Could I talk to you for a second?
丹尼爾:能和你說幾句話嗎?
Do you still have that list of freelancers on your blackberry?
你的黑莓手機 里還有自由記者的名單嗎?
The writer for the Phil Roth interview just dropped out.
訪談菲爾羅斯的作者剛剛不干了。
Betty:What? I didn't know “Mode” was doing a piece on him. I love him.
貝蒂:什么?我不知道《時尚》要做他的報道。我喜歡他。
Daniel:You do?
丹尼爾:真的?
Betty:Okay, uh, Daniel, hear me out. Do you remember when you accidentally made two dates with two different women at the same restaurant…
貝蒂:好吧,呃,丹尼爾,聽我說完。你還記得你不小心同時約了兩個女人 在同家餐廳吃飯嗎?
Daniel:Oh, my god.
丹尼爾:哦,天哪。
Betty:And...and I had to fake the seizure so you could run out the back door witfi the prettier one?
貝蒂:我只好裝作癲癇發作好讓你能和那個漂亮點的從后門脫身?
What was the last thing you said to me?
你最后跟我說了什么?
Betty, I owe you.
貝蒂,我欠你一個人情。
Daniel:Come on. This is a huge article.
丹尼爾:別鬧了,這篇文章是主打。
Betty:The manager shoved a chopstick in my mouth so I wouldn't swallow my togue.
貝蒂:那個經理往我嘴里硬塞了根筷子,我才沒有把舌頭呑下去。
Daniel:Okay. Okay. All right. A thousand words by Friday.
丹尼爾:好好,好吧。1000字周五前交。
Betty:Oh, my god. Are you serious? You're going to let me do this.
貝蒂:喊,天哪!你是說真的嗎?你 這次讓我做。
Daniel:I have faith in you.
丹尼爾:我對你有信心。
Betty:Oh, my god, Daniel. Thank you. Thank you! Thank you!
貝蒂:哦,天哪,丹尼爾,謝了!謝 謝!太感謝了!
Daniel:Besides, who else are we going to get on such short notice, right?
丹尼爾:而且這么短的時間我也找不到別人是吧?
Betty:I'm just going to pretend you stopped at "I have faith in you."
貝蒂:我就當你只說到那句“我對你有信心”。