So you're going to be having an intimate dinner rather than one of your legendary soirees?這么說你是打算舉辦一次私人聚餐而不是你著名的社交晚宴
rather than:而不是
These are political rather than social matters.
這是政治問題而不是社會問題。
Last I heard, you and Adam had broken up.據我所知,你和亞當分手了
break up:結束
They decided to break up the partnership.
他們決定終止合作關系。
My brother gets away with murder.我哥溜之大吉了
get away:逃脫;離開
He had an itch to get away and explore.
他等不及要動身去探險。
I won't let him get away with that excuse.
我不會讓他用那種借口蒙混過去。
常用短語:
get away with murder做了錯事而未被察覺(能為所欲為而不受約束), 犯了大錯而沒有收懲罰
get away from it all[口]用出走的辦法來擺脫煩惱[工作, 責任]
get squared away把東西弄整齊
Get away with you!去你的吧!