That’s when I saw an ocean.
就在那里 我見到了大海。
The mediterranean, probably.
也許是地中海。
It was around the beginning of the bronze age.
大約是青銅時代早期。
So I followed the trade routes from the east.
我沿著東方的青銅之路。
Copper, tin.
銅錢,錫幣。
Learning languages as I went.
每到一處學習當地語言。
Everywhere, creation myths.
世界各地都在創造神話。
New gods, so many, so different.
新的神明,數量眾多,名目繁雜。
I finally realized that it was.
最后我發覺這些都。
Probably all hogwash.
都是無稽之談。
So I was sumerian for 2,000 years.
所以我做了2000年蘇美爾人。
Then finally babylonian under hammurabi.
然后成為漢莫拉比王的巴比倫人。
Great man.
他是個偉大的國王。
And I sailed as a phoenician for a time.
后來做為腓尼基人航行了一段時間。
See, moving on had been easier as a hunter-Gatherer.
這時候遷徙 比史前時期要容易。
Difficult when villages emerged.
但當村落出現的時候就不容易了。
Tougher still in city states where authority was centralized.
集權化的城鎮出現后就更難了。
Strangers were suspect.
陌生人多遭懷疑。
It seemed as though I was always moving on.
由于我需要不停地遷徙。
I learned some new tricks.
我學到了一些小伎倆。
Even faked my death a couple of times.
甚至有幾次偽造了自己的死亡。
I continued east.
我繼續往東走。
To india.
到達了印度。
Luckily at the time of the buddha.
正好是釋迦摩尼的時代。
Luckily.
真巧。
Most extraordinary man I’ve ever known.
他是我所見過的最特殊的人。
He taught me things.
他傳授我知識。
I’d never thought about before.
那些知識我從來都不曾想過。
You studied.with the buddha?
你向佛祖求學?
Until he died.
直至他圓寂。
He knew there was something different about me.
他知道我與眾不同。
I never told him.
我從沒告訴過他。
This is fascinating.
太神奇了。