Our friend is either a caveman, a liar, or a nut.
那么我們的朋友要么真是個穴居人 要么他在說謊 要么是神經病
So while we’re thinking about that,
既然這么做無疑是白費力氣
Why don’t we just go with it?
我們為什么不繼續聽下去呢?
I mean, hell, who knows,
天知道
He might jolt us into believing him,
最后可能是我們被他說服,相信他
Or we might jolt him back to reality.
或者他被我們說服回歸現實
Believing? Whose reality?
信他?現實相對于誰來說?
So... you’re a caveman.
你 是個穴居人?
Yes. Uh...
是的 呃
Uh, I was a cro-Magnon, I think.
呃 我想我是個克魯馬努人
You don’t know if you’re a caveman or not?
你連自己是不是穴居人都不知道?
No, I’m sure about that.
不 這點我很確信
A cro-Magnon, then.
克魯馬努人
When did you first realize this?
你什么時候意識到的?
When the cro-Magnon was first identified,
當克魯馬努人首次被發現確認
When anthropology gave them a name,
從人類學界給他們命名起
I had mine.
我有了名字
Well, please continue.I’m sure you must have more to say.
請繼續,我肯定你有很多話要說
Would you like me to lie on the couch?
你介意我坐下來嗎?
As you wish.
請隨意
As a physician, I’m curious.
作為一個心理研究者 我很好奇
In this enormous lifetime you describe,Have you ever been ill?
在你描述的無窮的生命里,你生過病嗎?
Sure, as much as anyone.
當然 和普通人一樣
Seriously ill?
重病呢?
Sometimes.
有時
Of what? Do you know?
得了什么病?你知道嗎?
In prehistory, I can’t tell you.Maybe pneumonia once or twice.
在史前時期 我不知道,也許得過一兩次的肺炎
Last few hundred years,
持續了幾百年時間
I’ve gotten over typhoid, yellow fever,
我克服了傷寒,黃熱病
Smallpox... I survived the black plague.
天花 我從黑死病中幸存下來
Bubonic?
黑死病?
Oh, that’s terrible.
哦 太可怕了
More so than history describes.
比歷史書上寫的更嚴重
And smallpox - But you’re not scarred.
還有天花 但你身上沒有疤痕
I don’t scar.
我從不留疤