People do go around armed these days.
現在人們出門都會武裝自身
If I shot you, john - You’re immortal?
如果我向你開槍 你會不死嗎?
Would you survive this?
你能幸存嗎?
I never said I was immortal, just old.
我從沒說過我是不死之身 只是個老人
I might die.
我也許會死
And then you could wonder
然后你就可以
The rest of your incarcerated life what you shot.
在監獄里思考你射中了什么
Well, uh, may I?
呃 我可以 ?
Preferable to a gun.
更希望是支槍
Will, that was a bit much.
威爾 你太過了
Ooh. Books.
哦 是書
Doctorates.
博士學位
Yes, you have grown and changed.
是 你是長大了 改變了
But there is always innate nature.
但人總有些天性
Wouldn’t you be more comfortable
你會喜歡在
Squatting in the backyard?
后院里蹲著嗎?
Sometimes I do, will.
有時候會威爾
Look up at the stars.
抬頭望天
Wonder.
思考
And what did primitive man make of them?
那么原始人對它們怎么看?
A great mystery.
一團迷惑
There were gods up there then.
那時天上住著神仙
Shamans who knew about them told us.
能窺探天機的薩滿法師告訴我們的
They still do.
他們仍然能
Have you ever wished it would end?
有時你希望生命結束嗎?
No.
不
Fourteen thousand years.
1’4000年
Injuries, illness, disasters
受傷 生病 天災.
You’ve survived them all.
你統統克服了
You’re a very lucky man.
你非常幸運
Come in.
進來
John oldman?
約翰 奧德曼?
Yes.
是的
Charity now. We’re here to pick up the furniture
我們是慈善會的 我們來這里收家具.
It’s all yours.
都歸你們了
Here, take this chair.
來 把這椅子拿走
I’m gonna go drink in the corner.
我到角落里去喝
You’re, uh... you’re donating it?
你 你捐了它們?
Everything?
所有家具?
I’ll get more.
我會擁有更多的
Do you always travel this light?
你每次都輕裝上路嗎?
It’s the only way to move.
這是唯一的方法
Oh, you
哦
You’ve talked a good deal
你已經談了很多
About your extraordinary amount of living.
關于生存的奇跡
What do you think of dying, john?
你對死亡怎么看?
Do you fear death?
你害怕死亡嗎?
Who wouldn’t?
誰不害怕?
How did primitive man regard death?
原始人怎么看待死亡?
Well, we had the practical concept.
我們已有實際的概念
You know, we stopped,
人們停止
Fell down, didn’t get up,
倒下 再也不起來
Started to smell bad, come apart.
開始變臭 分解