I’m sorry, ma’am.
抱歉 女士
Gentlemen, I’m
先生們 我
I’m gonna keep the couch.
我得留下這張沙發
Thanks.
謝謝
Ladies? Will? Oh, no...
女士們?威爾?哦 不用
You’ve got a heart condition. Don’t grump about it.
你們有心臟病 別抱怨
Hey, how about changing the subject, will?
嘿 換個話題如何 威爾?
Enough with the - With the dying.
死亡到此為止
But this is the flip side of his coin, harry.
但這是生的對立面 哈里
I’m very curious to know his feelings.
我很好奇他的感受
Would you prefer I asked him about his father?
你不介意我問他父親的事吧?
I thought you always started with
我以為你要問
"Tell me about your mother. "
"說說你的母親吧"
Yes, but prehistory was strongly patriarchal.
可是史前社會是父系的
Surely you remember your father.
你肯定記得你的父親
I seem to remember a figure,
我只記得一個輪廓
Perhaps an older brother, a social father, maybe.
也許是個長兄 或是族長
Well, no matter.
沒關系
I can scarcely remember mine.
我也記不太清我的
Do you feel a vacancy
你對此有沒有
In your life about that, john,
感到空虛
Something you wish could be filled
想用一張臉 一個聲音
By a face, a voice, an image?
一個影像來填充?
Not at this late date.
現在不會了
There must be someone- Probably many
有沒有人令你 -
That you valued intensely.
非常珍惜 尊敬
Loved.
愛過的?
You saw them age and die
你看著他們老去 死亡 -
A friend, a colleague, a wife.
朋友 同事 妻子
Certainly you’ve had wives and children?
你應該有過妻子和孩子吧?
I’d move on.
我得遷徙
I had to move on.
我必須得遷徙
Making him history’s biggest bigamist.
他成了歷史上最大的重婚者
Have you ever in your life thought
你這一生中有沒有想過
"It should have been me"?
"本該是我"?
Maybe.
也許
Yeah, art has told me
安特和我說
That some of your early fellows
你的一些族人
Feared you were stealing their lives.
怕你在偷走他們的生命
Have you thought that perhaps you were?
你有沒有想過也許你真是那樣?
Perhaps you are!
也許你現在也是
There have always been legends of such a thing,
傳說中經常出現
A creature not quite human
一種生物 非人類
Taking not the blood, but the life force itself?
吸人生命來存活
my god, will.
老天啊 威爾
Unconsciously, perhaps,
也許是無意識的
By some biological or psychic mechanism
通過某種生物或心理途徑
That we can only guess at.
我們現在只能猜測
I’m not saying you would do such a thing deliberately.
我不是指你會故意那么做
I’m not saying that you would even know how to...
我也不是說你知道這種方法
Would you?
有這可能性嗎?
But would such a thing be fair?
這種生物會害怕嗎?
So you believe me now?
那么你現在是相信我了?
I’m only exploring what you have said.
我只是拓展了你所說的
Whether I believe it or not is of no importance.
我相信與否并不重要
We will die...
我們會死
You will live.
你活著
John? Will you come to my funeral, john?
你會參加我的葬禮嗎
hey, will...
嘿 威爾
You’ve gone too far
你過頭了