No, john, that is not possible.
不 John那不可能
Please, let’s take john’s story
拜托 我們應該關注John這故事
At face value and explore it from that perspective.
本身的意義和將來的研究價值
If he doesn’t scar, it’s no stranger than the rest of it.
他不結疤這點和其他部分比 一點不奇怪
John, would you please stop by my lab, before you take off
John 你能在離開前來一下我的實驗室嗎?
Suffer a few tests from Your friendly neighborhood biologist.
讓你友好的鄰居生物學家給你做幾項測試
I’m leery of labs.
我對實驗室很謹慎
Afraid I might go in and stay for a thousand years
我怕一進去就得呆上幾千年
While cigarette smoking men try to figure me out.
然后那些抽著香煙的人會不停研究我
You don’t think that I would betray you?
你該不會覺得我會背叛你吧?
Walls have ears.
隔墻有耳
Medical tests might be a way of proving what you say.
醫學測試可以證明你所說的
I don’t wanna prove it.
我并不想證明
So you’re telling us this,
那么你告訴我們
The yarn of the century,
時間旅行的故事
And you don’t care if we believe it or not?
而你不在乎我們相信與否?
I guess I shouldn’t have expected you to.
我不該期待你們相信
You’re not as crazy as you think I am.
你們認為我瘋了 但你們沒有
Amen.
阿門
I’ve always liked you.
我一直挺喜歡你的
Why, thank you, dear.
謝謝 親愛的
Now that’s changing.
我開始改觀了
Surely you don’t believe this nonsense.
你不會相信這些渾話的吧
I think we should remain courteous to someone
我想我們至少該對我們認識
Who we’ve known and trusted, edith.
和信任的人維持禮貌 伊迪斯
Here you sit-You can’t break his story.
既然你坐在這兒就不該打斷他的話
All you can do is thumb your nose at it.
你頂多對他嗤之以鼻
Is that what you’re doing, john?
這就是你想要的 John?
Are you laughing at us inside?
你心里在嘲笑我們嗎?
I wish you didn’t feel that way.
我希望你們別這么想
What you’re saying - It offends common sense.
你的故事不符合常識
So does relativity, quantum mechanics-
相對論和量子力學也是
That’s the way nature works.
這些符合自然規律
But your story doesn’t fit into nature as we know it.
據我所知,你的故事可不符合自然規律
But we know so little, dan.
可我們知之甚少 ,
We know so little.
我們知之甚少
How many of you know
在你研究領域內的
Five geniuses in your field
5個天才中 有沒有1個
That you disagree with...
是你不贊成
One you would like to strangle?
而且要極力反駁的?
Strangle them all.
我一個都不贊成
It’s bad enough we have to listen
我們聽夠了哈里的
To harry’s idiotic jokes.
白癡玩笑
Thank you very much, edith.
非常感謝 伊迪斯
Maybe when I’m 110, I’ll be as smart as you are.
也許等我到了110歲 我會和你一樣聰明
If you lived as long as john did, You still wouldn’t grow up.
即使你活到了John的歲數,你仍然不會長大