The following week dragged by.
接下來的一個星期簡直度日如年。
Wednesday night found Hermione and Harry sitting alone in the common room, long after everyone else had gone to bed.
星期三晚上,在別人都已上床睡覺之后,赫敏和哈利仍坐在公共休息室里。
The clock on the wall had just chimed midnight when the portrait hole burst open.
墻上的鐘剛敲過十二點,肖像洞突然被打開了。
Ron appeared out of nowhere as he pulled off Harry's invisibility cloak.
羅恩脫下哈利的隱形衣,仿佛從天而降一般。
He had been down at Hagrid's hut, helping him feed Norbert, who was now eating dead rats by the crate.
他剛才到海格的小屋去幫他喂諾伯,諾伯現在開始吃用木板箱裝的死老鼠了。
It bit me! he said, showing them his hand, which was wrapped in a bloody handkerchief.
“它咬了我!”羅恩說,給他們看他的手,上面包著沾滿血跡的手絹。
I'm not going to be able to hold a quill for a week.
“我一星期都沒法拿筆了。
I tell you, that dragon's the most horrible animal I've ever met,
告訴你們吧,龍是我見過的最可怕的動物,
but the way Hagrid goes on about it, you'd think it was a fluffy little bunny rabbit.
可是看海格對待它的樣子,你還以為它是一只毛茸茸的小兔乖乖呢。
When it bit me he told me off for frightening it. And when I left, he was singing it a lullaby.
它咬了我以后,海格還不許我嚇唬它。我走的時候,還聽見他在給它唱搖籃曲呢。”
There was a tap on the dark window.
漆黑的窗戶上傳來一陣拍打聲。
It's Hedwig! said Harry, hurrying to let her in. She'll have Charlie's answer!
“是海德薇!”哈利說,趕緊過去把它放了進來。“它肯定帶來了查理的回信!”
The three of them put their heads together to read the note.
三個人腦袋湊在一起,看那張紙條。
Dear Ron, How are you? Thanks for the letter — I'd be glad to take the Norwegian Ridgeback, but it won't be easy getting him here.
親愛的羅恩:你好嗎?謝謝你給我寫信——我很高興收養那只挪威脊背龍,但是要把它弄到這兒來不太容易。
I think the best thing will be to send him over with some friends of mine who are coming to visit me next week.
我認為最好的辦法是先把它送到我的幾個朋友那里,他們下個星期要來看我。
Trouble is, they mustn't be seen carrying an illegal dragon.
麻煩就在于,千萬不能讓別人看見他們非法攜帶一條龍。
Could you get the Ridgeback up the tallest tower at midnight on Saturday? They can meet you there and take him away while it's still dark.
你能否在星期六的午夜,把脊背龍帶到最高的塔樓上?他們可以在那里與你會面,趁著天黑把龍帶走。
Send me an answer as soon as possible. Love, Charlie.
請盡快給我回音。愛你。查理
They looked at one another.
三個人面面相覷。
We've got the invisibility cloak, said Harry.
“我們有隱形衣呢,”哈利說,
It shouldn't be too difficult — I think the cloaks big enough to cover two of us and Norbert.
“應該不會太難——我認為隱形衣足夠遮住我們兩個人和諾伯。”
It was a mark of how bad the last week had been that the other two agreed with him. Anything to get rid of Norbert — and Malfoy.
羅恩和赫敏立刻就同意了,這說明下個星期的日子是多么難熬。怎么都行,只要能擺脫諾伯——還有馬爾福。