It's too late to change the plan now, Harry told Hermione.
“已經來不及改變計劃了,”哈利對赫敏說,
We haven't got time to send Charlie another owl, and this could be our only chance to get rid of Norbert.
“我們沒有時間再派一只貓頭鷹去找查理,而且這大概是我們擺脫諾伯的惟一機會了。
We'll have to risk it. And we have got the invisibility cloak, Malfoy doesn't know about that.
我們不得不冒一次險。我們有隱形衣呢,這是馬爾福不知道的。”
They found Fang, the boarhound, sitting outside with a bandaged tail when they went to tell Hagrid, who opened a window to talk to them.
他們去通知海格時,發現大獵狗牙牙坐在門外,尾巴上包著繃帶。海格打開窗戶跟他們說話。
I won't let you in, he puffed. Norbert's at a tricky stage — nothin' I can't handle.
“我不能讓你們進來,”他喘著氣說,“諾伯現在很難對付——我拿它沒有辦法。”
When they told him about Charlie's letter, his eyes filled with tears,
他們把查理來信的事對他說了,他的眼里噙滿淚水,
although that might have been because Norbert had just bitten him on the leg.
不過這也可能是因為諾伯剛剛咬了他的腿。
Aargh! It's all right, he only got my boot — jus' playin' — he's only a baby, after all.
“呵呵!沒關系,它只咬了我的靴子——它是在玩耍呢——說到底,它還是個小毛娃啊。”
The baby banged its tail on the wall, making the windows rattle.
小毛娃用尾巴梆梆地敲著墻,震得窗戶咔咔直響。
Harry and Hermione walked back to the castle feeling Saturday couldn't come quickly enough.
哈利和赫敏走回城堡,心里盼望著星期六早點到來。