Harry leaned forward. Quirrell was mumbling something. Snape interrupted him.
哈利探身向前。奇洛正在嘀咕著什么。斯內普打斷了他。
Have you found out how to get past that beast of Hagrid's yet?
“你有沒有弄清怎樣才能制服海格的那頭怪獸?”
B-b-but Severus, I —
“可——可——可是,西弗勒斯,我——”
You don't want me as your enemy, Quirrell, said Snape, taking a step toward him.
“你不希望我與你為敵吧,奇洛。”斯內普說著,朝他逼近了一步。
I-I don't know what you...
“我——我不知——知道你——”
You know perfectly well what I mean.
“你很清楚我的意思。”
An owl hooted loudly, and Harry nearly fell out of the tree.
一只貓頭鷹高聲叫了起來,哈利差點兒從樹上摔了下去。
He steadied himself in time to hear Snape say, — your little bit of hocus-pocus. I'm waiting.
他穩住自己,正好聽見斯內普說,“……你的秘密小花招。我等著。”
B-but I d-d-don't —
“可——可是,我不——不——不——”
Very well, Snape cut in.
“很好。”斯內普打斷了他。
We'll have another little chat soon, when you've had time to think things over and decided where your loyalties lie.
“過不了多久,等你有時間考慮清楚,決定了為誰效忠之后,我們還會再談一次。”
He threw his cloak over his head and strode out of the clearing.
他用斗篷罩住腦袋,大步流星地走出了空地。
It was almost dark now, but Harry could see Quirrell, standing quite still as though he was petrified.
天幾乎完全黑了,但哈利仍能看見奇洛一動不動地站在那里,像一具泥塑木雕。