妙語佳句:
No. I popped in for a night or two.我只是過來住上一兩宿
pop in:偶爾或突然訪問
I may pop in to see you next month.
我也許在下個月里來看你。
If you're ever passing,pop in and see me.
如果你什么時候路過,就來看看我。
And here I am, stealing her away.而現在我卻要把她拐跑了
steal away:偷走
Let us steal away tomorrow morning.
我們要在明天早晨悄悄地溜走。
Take time when time cometh,lest time steal away.
時來必須要趁時,不然時去無聲息。
Listen, uh...I had no idea your mom was in town.聽著...我不知道你媽媽過來了
have no idea:一點不知道, 聽也沒有聽過
I have no idea (as to) what you mean.
我一點兒也不明白你的意思。
We have no idea how to persuade him to give up the idea.
我們不知道如何說服他放棄這個念頭。
考考你:
聽著...我不知道你媽媽過來了。
我只是過來住上一兩宿。
上期答案:
I believe there was a mistake when Sally was born.
do you think I don't recognize a scam?