I win. Yes, you do.
我猜到了。是的,你該猜到了
Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we have a new student joining us.
呃...我只是想告訴大家有位新同學加入了我們的集體
She just moved here all the way from Africa.
她千里迢迢剛從非洲搬來這兒
Welcome.
歡迎啊
I'm from Michigan. - Great.
我來自密歇根 - 非常好
Her name is Cady. Cady Heron. Where are you, Cady?
她名叫堪蒂,堪蒂·海倫。是誰,堪蒂?
That's me.It's pronounced like Katie.
是我,應該念凱蒂
My apologies.I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony.
很抱歉,我有個侄兒叫安福尼,當我叫他安東尼時,我知道他會發狂
Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee.
從未見過他那樣生氣,之后我才記起,我姐姐實際上給他取名叫安福尼。
Well, welcome, Cady.And thank you, Mr. Duvall.
好了,我們歡迎凱蒂的到來,也感謝你,杜瓦爾先生。
Well, thank you.
呃...多謝...要是你有何需要或者想找個人聊聊的話...
Maybe some other time, when my shirt isn't see-through.
另覓時間吧,我的上衣不透光的時候
Thanks.
謝謝
Okay.
好吧
Okay. Good day, everybody.
好,祝大家愉快
The first day of school was a blur,a stressful, surreal blur.
上學的第一天是個倒霉的日子,令人壓抑,荒誕怪異。
I got in trouble for the most random things.
大大小小的事兒,我都碰到了麻煩
- Where are you going? - I have to go to the bathroom.
- 你去哪兒? - 噢,我得去趟洗手間
You need the lavatory pass.
你應該得到許可
Okay. Can I have the lavatory pass?
好吧,能去趟洗手間嗎?
Nice try. Have a seat.
不錯的嘗試,先去坐下
I had never lived in a world where adults didn't trust me.
我從未接觸過這種生活,大人們都不信任我。
where they were always yelling at me.
他們總對我吆喝
- Don't read ahead! - No green pen! -No food in class! Stay in your assigned seat!
- 別再往后讀了! - 不許用綠色的筆!-上課不許吃東西!(外語)坐在你自己的位子上!