妙語佳句:
1. be surrounded by... 被包圍……;被……圍繞著
eg. Don't get me wrong; it's hard for me to be surrounded by clutter and chaos.
別理解錯了,我可受不了周圍堆滿混亂一團的雜物。
eg. Feeling lonely is more than just unpleasant for those who yearn to be surrounded by warm relationships—it is a health hazard.
孤獨感不僅僅令那些渴望與周圍人建立良好關系的人產生不快,而且還會威脅他們的健康。
2. What do you say? 你的意思如何?/有何高見?
eg. What do you say when you meet a foreigner for the first time?
你和一個外國人第一次碰面時,你說什么?
eg. What do you say to transshipment at Hong Kong?
在香港轉船,你意下如何?
3. It was almost as difficult to accept a natural explanation as a supernatural explanation.
合乎自然的解釋幾乎和超乎自然的解釋一樣難以叫人接受。
almost as... as... 幾乎和……一樣
eg. But hundreds who have jobs live in conditions that are almost as bad as his.
然而,數百名有工作的人,居住條件卻幾乎和他一樣糟糕。
eg. That was when it was almost as poor as China. It is much harder for a middle-income country, as Brazil now is, to grow at such rates.
那個時候的巴西幾乎跟今天的中國一樣窮.對于今天巴西這樣的中等收入的國家來說,想保持那樣的經濟增長速度談何容易。