2.實用對話
Expressing Anger表示生氣
Kate: What's up? You sound a little down in dumps.
邁克:我昨晚和室友吵架了。我讓他給氣死了。
Mike: I quarreled with my roommate last night. He really made my blood boil.
凱特:怎么了?你看起來好像情緒不太好啊。
Kate: Calm down.
凱特:冷靜點。
Mike: He's totally unreasonable.
邁克:他簡直太不可理喻了。
Kate: What happened?
凱特:發生什么事了?
Mike: I got to the dorm last night, dead tired. So I took a shower and went to bed. but I couldn't fall asleep because Brian was watching a movie with the volume up loud. I asked him to tum it down a bit, but he snapped at me.
邁克:我昨晚上回到宿舍,都快累死了。就沖了個澡然后上床睡覺了。可是布賴恩卻在看電影,音量還調得很大,吵得我睡不著覺。我讓他把聲音關小點,他卻罵了我。
Kate: That sounds kind of unreasonable. Then what happened?
凱特:真是有點不講道理。然后呢?
Mike: Yeah. Then he yelled at me some more.
邁克:是啊。然后他對我吼得更厲害了。
Kate: So what did you do?
凱特:那你是怎么回應的呢?
Mike: I've run out of patience and shouted back of course.
邁克:我忍無可忍了,當然也沖他大喊了。
Kate: Slow down. Screaming at him won't accomplish anything.
凱特:冷靜點。沖他大吵大叫是解決不了任何問題的。
Mike: What would you do if you were in my shoes?
邁克:如果你換作我的話會怎么辦呢?
Kate: Try to talk to him.
凱特:找機會和他談談。
Mike: No way. It's not my fault.
邁克:沒門兒。這又不是我的錯。
Kate: I know. But it will help things if you apologize. Then talk about what happened.
凱特:我知道。但是如果你道歉的話,會對此事的化解有所幫助。然后你們再談到底是怎么回事。
Mike: Right now, I'm way too angry to even talk to him, let alone say I'm sorry.
邁克:現在,我正在氣頭上,都不想和他說話,更不用說向他道歉了。