慣用口語句子:
I'm rather pessimistic.
我很悲觀。
I'm not optimistic at all.
我一點也不樂觀。
I'm rather pessimistic about it.
我對此很悲觀。
I'm a pessimist.
我是個悲觀主義者。
pessimistic a. 悲觀的
pessimist n. 悲觀主義者
I throw in my hand.
= I'm throwing in the towel.
= I give up.
我認輸。
towel n. 毛巾
throw in one's hand“承認失敗,認輸”
throw in the towel“認輸”
give up“放棄,認輸”
throw in one's hand和throw in the towel都是“認輸”的常用表達,是非正式用語。
I am doomed to fail.
我注定要失敗。
doom v. 注定,命定
There's nothing we can do.
= We can do nothing.
我們無計可施了。
No way. It's hopeless.
沒辦法了,沒有希望了。
I'm out of luck this time.
這次我沒希望了。
It's fate.
= It's destiny.
這就是命啊。
fate n. 命運,天數
destiny n. 命運
I'm heartbroken.
= My heart is broken.
我的心都碎了。
We can't do that.
我們不行的。
We can't make it.
我們做不到的。
It's too difficult.
太難了。
It's too hard for us.
對我們來講太難了。
It's harder than you think.
這比你想像的要難。
It's harder than it looks.
這比看上去的要難。
It's not as easy as it seems/looks.
這可不像看上去的那么容易。
It doesn't stand a chance.
那是不可能做到的事。
It won't work.
行不通的。
Never happen.
不可能的事。
We will probably screw it up.
我們很有可能會搞砸的。
probably ad. 可能,大概,也許
screw v. 用螺絲釘擰緊
screw up“搞砸,弄糟,破壞,攪亂”(俚語)